BSC in THMJuly 14, 2021 2022-05-22 4:50
BSC in THM
We are well aware that choosing what to study at university is one of the most important decisions you have to make in life.
For entry onto the OTHM Level 4 Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management qualification, learners must possess:
- SSC & HSC/ O-Level & A-Level/ Level 3 or Equivalent
- Mature learners (over 21) with management experience (learners must check with the delivery centre regarding this experience prior to registering for the programme)
- Learner must be 18 years or older at the beginning of the course
- English requirements: If a learner is not from a majority English-speaking country must provide evidence of English language competency. For more information visit English Language Expectations page in this website.
OTHM qualifications at RQF Level 4 represent practical knowledge, skills, capabilities and competences that are assessed in academic terms as being equivalent to Higher National Certificates (HNC) and Year 1 of a three-year UK Bachelor’s degree programme.
The OTHM Level 4 Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management consists of 6 mandatory units for a combined total of 120 credits, 1200 hours Total Qualification Time (TQT) and 480 Guided Learning Hours (GLH) for the completed qualification.
- Tourism and Hospitality Business Management (20 credits)
- Services Marketing and Customer Service (20 credits)
- Accounting and Finance (20 credits)
- Academic and Professional Development (20 credits)
- Events Management (20 credits)
- Development of the Tourism and Hospitality Industry (20 credits)
Duration and delivery
The qualification is designed to be delivered over one academic year for full-time study but it is also flexible in its delivery in order to accommodate part-time and distance learning.
The qualification is delivered face-to-face, through lectures, tutorials, seminars, distance, online by approved centres only.
Assessment and verification
All units within this qualification are internally assessed by the centre and externally verified by OTHM. The qualifications are criterion referenced, based on the achievement of all the specified learning outcomes.
To achieve a ‘pass’ for a unit, learners must provide evidence to demonstrate that they have fulfilled all the learning outcomes and meet the standards specified by all assessment criteria. Judgement that the learners have successfully fulfilled the assessment criteria is made by the Assessor.
The Assessor should provide an audit trail showing how the judgement of the learners’ overall achievement has been arrived at.
Successful completion of OTHM Level 4 Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management qualification will provide learners the opportunity for a wide range of academic progressions including OTHM Level 5 Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management. As this qualification is approved and regulated by Ofqual (Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulation), learners are eligible to gain direct entry into 2nd year of a three-year UK Bachelor’s degree programme. For more information visit University Progressions page in this website.
Course Fee: 5,00,000
Admission Fee: 15,000
Duration : 3 Years